Last updated: January 29, 2017
Information We Collect
In general, you can visit www.clamourtheatre.org without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. Our web servers may collect the domain names, not the e-mail addresses, of visitors. We do not collect personally identifying information about you except when you voluntarily provide it (for example, when you contact us by e-mail or request additional information).
www.clamourtheatre.org utilizes a third-party, StatCounter.com, to enable us to understand how our visitors access and use our website. StatCounter collects and makes available to us the following non-personally identifying information: date and time of visit, ip address, browser (e.g. Firefox 3.5), operating system version (e.g. Windows XP), screen resolution (e.g. 800×600), referring link, the current page url and the current page title. In addition, to determine whether you are a first-time or returning visitor, StatCounter.com sends a cookie to your computer. This information is collected solely to improve the service we offer to you and for statistical purposes and is not used to identify individuals.
Subject to the above, www.clamourtheatre.org may receive and collect your personally identifiable information. Personally identifiable information generally includes information that could be used to determine your identity, such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and birth date. The term “personally identifiable information” does not include anonymous information such as IP address information. You can access and use most portions of www.clamourtheatre.org without providing any personally identifiable information. You may choose to provide us with personally identifiable information within certain features of www.clamourtheatre.org, however, such as within our “Contact Clamour” form or for purposes of registering for our newsletter or other communicationsboo or for purposes of purchasing something from our site.
If you are located outside of the United States, any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. The following are some examples of how we may receive and collect your personally identifiable information:
- We may collect personally identifiable information from you if you choose to purchase something from our site.
- We may collect personally identifiable information from you if you choose to fill out any forms, profiles, or surveys which may appear, from time to time, on www.clamourtheatre.org.
- If you send us correspondence, such as e-mails or letters, we may choose to collect information about you from such correspondence.
- We may receive your personally identifiable information from one of our business or individual partners or other third-party sources.
www.clamourtheatre.org may receive and collect non-personally identifiable information. We may collect non-personally identifiable information about you through a variety of technical methods, including the following:
- Collection of IP Address: When you visit www.clamourtheatre.org, we may collect your IP address. We may use IP addresses to analyze trends (such as the frequency with which individuals visit parts of www.clamourtheatre.org, administer the site, track users’ movement, and gather broad demographic information for internal use. Most importantly, any recorded IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
- Collection with Cookies: “Cookies” are pieces of information that a Web site sends to your computer while you are viewing a Web site. We may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. Please note that most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer.
- Collection with Web beacons: “Web beacons” are electronic images, tags or scripts that allow a Web site to access cookies and help track general usage patterns of visitors to a Web site. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information, such as cookies, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page where the Web beacon is placed.
The information collected through these technical methods, standing alone, cannot be used to determine your identity. Such information may, however, be combined in a way that makes it become personally identifiable information. If this happens, we will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information.
Collection of Information from Minors
www.clamourtheatre.org is intended to be accessed and used only by adults and is not directed to children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information by anyone under the age of 18, and you should not provide us with any information regarding any individual under the age of 18.
How We Use Personally Identifiable Information
We may use your personally identifiable information in the following ways:
- to fulfill your requests for certain products, services or information;
- to contact you and deliver information to you such as administrative notices, offerings, and other communications relevant to your use of www.clamourtheatre.org;
- to analyze site usage, conduct market research, improve marketing and promotional efforts, and improve and customize our content, layout, products and services;
- to provide customer support and troubleshoot and resolve problems and disputes;
- to try to detect and protect against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- for other internal purposes;
- as otherwise described to you at the time of collection; and
How We Disclose or Share Your Personally Identifiable Information
There are various circumstances in which www.clamourtheatre.org may disclose or share your personally identifiable information with third parties.
- Disclosure in the Normal Scope of Business: The following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business:
- We may use third parties that we refer to as internal service providers to facilitate or outsource one or more aspects of our business, product and service operations (such as PayPal) and, therefore, we or you may provide some of your personal information directly to these internal service providers. We implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of your personally identifiable information by internal service providers.
- There may be a number of separate services offered by third parties on www.clamourtheatre.org that we refer to as external service providers and that may be complementary to your use of www.clamourtheatre.org. We will only provide your personally identifiable information to an external service provider with your consent.
- Disclosure in the Event of a Transfer: Personally identifiable information and other personal information collected from or about you may also be transferred to a third party as a result of a sale, acquisition, merger, reorganization, other transfer or bankruptcy (a “Transfer”) involving us. We specifically reserve the right, at any time, to transfer personally identifiable information collected from or residing within www.clamourtheatre.org, and any of its databases, as well as any part or all of our business and/or assets, to affiliates or third parties in connection with a Transfer.
E-mail from Clamour Theatre Company, Inc.
Clamour Theatre Company, Inc. currently will only send you an e-mail in response to a direct e-mail contact from you and/or if you sign up for our email list. Clamour Theatre Company, Inc. will treat your contact to us by e-mail as authorization for us to respond to you by e-mail.
Security Measures We Have in Place to Protect Your Information
No data transmission over the Internet, or by other means, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personally identifying information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Once we receive your personally identifying information, we use reasonable efforts to ensure it is secure and not readily available to unauthorized individuals or third parties. Please note, however, that no security measures are impenetrable and it is possible that your information may be unlawfully intercepted, accessed or “hacked,” despite our reasonable efforts to prevent it.